Acne is a major problem especially when it comes to face. It can also appear on the chest, back and scalp. Having acne problems directly affects our self-esteem and sometimes put us on a very very bad mood affecting people around us and causes emotional stress. Of course who wouldn’t want their face to look good and smooth right? But we should accept the fact that having acne is part of our lives and anyone and everyone can have it. So let’s know more what is acne all about and how does it form?
FACTS ABOUT ACNE
(Source:Medical News Today)
- Acne, medically known as Acne Vulgaris, is a skin disease that involves the oil glands at the base of hair follicles.
- It commonly occurs during puberty when the sebaceous (oil) glands come to life – the glands are stimulated by male hormones produced by the adrenal glands of both males and females.
- Acne is not dangerous, but can leave skin scars.
- Skin cells, sebum and hair can clump together into a plug, this plug gets infected with bacteria, resulting in a swelling.
- There are various types of pimples such as whiteheads, blackheads, papules, pustules, nobules,cysts.
- Dermatologists (skin specialists) say that approximately three-quarters of 11 to 30 year-olds will get acne at some time. Acne can affect people of all races and all ages.
- Experts believe the primary cause is a rise in androgen levels – androgen is a type of hormone.
- Some studies indicate that a susceptibility to acne could also be genetic.
- How your acne is treated may depend on how severe and persistent it is.
- Acne can be made worse by the menstrual cycle, anxiety and stress, hot and humid climates, oil based makeup, greasy hair and pimple squeezing.
As you can see there are a lot of factors that causes acne. And no matter how diligent we are with our daily hygiene routine, we are still always prone in having those irritating and day-ruining acne.
The good news is that Acne is treatable and effective treatments are available. The earlier Acne treatment is started, the lower your risk of “lasting” physical and emotional damage.
Even at your own home, you can find cool remedies that might help you erradicate acne or at least lessen it. Here are some:
1. BAKING SODA: Dries out pimples and removes excess oil from the skin
- Mix together 2 tbsp baking soda, 1 tsp. cinnamon powder, 1/2 lemon juice, and 5tbsp. honey.
- Apply it on your face and wash it off after 5 minutes.
2. OATMEAL: Can absorb oil and soothe the skin.
- Mix 1 tsp honey and 1/2 lemon juice in a cup of cooked oatmeal.
- Rub this mixture all over your face.
- Leave it on for 30 mins. and rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- do this once or twice a week.
3. STEAM: The steam will open your pores and allow your skin to breathe. Steaming can also help get rid of oils, dirt and bacteria trapped in the pores which causes infection or inflammation.
- Fill a large container with hot water and allow the steam to come in contact with your face for a few minutes.
- Rinse your face with lukewarm water and, after drying. You can use a face moisturizer aferwards.
4. APPLE CIDER VINEGAR: It kills off the bacteria that causes bacteria by turning your facial Ph to alkaline making it harder for the bacteria to thrive.
- Wash your face with water and pat dry.
- Using a ratio of 1 part vinegar to 3 parts water, dip a cotton ball into vinegar and apply it directly to the blemish.
- Leave on for at least 10 minutes, or overnight.
- Re-apply several times a day, washing face thoroughly after each time.
- Use a moisturizer afterwards.
5. BANANA PEEL: It contains lutein, an extremely powerful antioxidant that reduces swelling and inflammation, and encourages healthy cell growth.
- Peel your banana and eat it- it’s not cool to waste, and they’re good for you.
- Take the peel, and rub in a circular motion all over your face.
- When you feel as though you’ve covered all of your face, let it sit for at least 30 minutes before rinsing it off.
If the above home remedies does not work on you, there’s three more alternatives that can use to help you zap those zits away. Here they are:
AcneCare Soap (Srp 149php) revives your skin while gently cleanses excess oil and akkows your skin to recover. It contains Ace-B3, a combination of Aloe vera extract, Vitamin C, Vitamin E and Niacinamide B3. It also has Tea tree oil which helps reduce skin oiliness and pore blockage. Another one is Bio Sulfur that is clinically proven to to have an anti-septic and anti-fungal properties.
How to use: Use daily for face and body. Leave it for 2-3 minutes before rinsng.
AcneCare Lactoferrin capsule(SRP 885php): It contains anti-acne complex Lactoferrin, Linumlife Extra and Zinc Gluconate which has antibacterial, reduces oiliness in skin and reducing inflammation from acne lesions.
How to use: Take 2 capsules before bedtime or as directed by a healthcare professional.
AcneCare Acne Drying Lotion: A fast acting and effective acne spot solution for all skin types.
How to use: Dip a cotton swab into pink sediment. Dab on affected area after cleansing and let it dry overnight. Wash off in the morning.
AcneCare products are available in all Mercury Drugstores, Watsons and SouthStar Drugstores. AcneCareSoap, AcneCare Lactoferrin Capsule and AcneCare Acne Drying Lotion are products of VidaNutriscience, maker of other health and beauty supplements such as:
DISCLAIMER: The above remedies’ effectiveness may vary per individual. These are just suggestions and I will not be liable for any untoward incident that the reader may incur for using these methods. Please consult your dermatologist.
So that’s it! You don’t need to worry because with the above acne regimens, clearing those pimples away is as easy as 1-2-3!
For more information about AcneCare products you may get updates by following AcneCare online:
Hashtag: #MayPagAsaPa #PimplesNoMore