Acne is a very major problem specially when it comes to face. Having acne problems directly affects our self-esteem and sometimes put us on a very very bad mood. Of course who wouldn’t want their face to look good and smooth. But then, there are a lot of factors why we develop acne.
FACTS ABOUT ACNE
(Source:Medical News Today)
- Acne, medically known as Acne Vulgaris, is a skin disease that involves the oil glands at the base of hair follicles.
- It commonly occurs during puberty when the sebaceous (oil) glands come to life – the glands are stimulated by male hormones produced by the adrenal glands of both males and females.
- Acne is not dangerous, but can leave skin scars.
- Skin cells, sebum and hair can clump together into a plug, this plug gets infected with bacteria, resulting in a swelling.
- There are various types of pimples such as whiteheads, blackheads, papules, pustules, nobules,cysts.
- Dermatologists (skin specialists) say that approximately three-quarters of 11 to 30 year-olds will get acne at some time. Acne can affect people of all races and all ages.
- Experts believe the primary cause is a rise in androgen levels – androgen is a type of hormone.
- Some studies indicate that a susceptibility to acne could also be genetic.
- How your acne is treated may depend on how severe and persistent it is.
- Acne can be made worse by the menstrual cycle, anxiety and stress, hot and humid climates, oil based makeup, greasy hair and pimple squeezing.
The good news is that Acne is treatable and effective treatments are available. The earlier Acne treatment is started, the lower your risk of “lasting” physical and emotional damage.
With Skintrends, you are definitely in good hands when it comes to acne treatment.
Skintrends offer excellent facilities and top of the line equipment and machines paired with caring and courteous service of attendants that will surely deliver excellent results of the treatments. Skintrends also offer their services at a very affordable price.
The brain behind Skintrends…
DR. HERBIA JOY GONZALES-MONGCAL
(PRESIDENT / MEDICAL DIRECTOR Skintrends)
Dr. Herbia Joy Gonzales-Mongcal graduated from the University of San Carlos, Cebu City with a degree in BS Biology and went on to medical school at the Cebu Institute of Medicine and graduated in 1984. She had her post-graduate internship at Iloilo Doctors’ Hospital in 1985 and passed the medical licensure exam in 1986.
She underwent residency training for Internal Medicine at the Perpetual Succour Hospital in Cebu City from 1986 to 1988. She then went into preceptorship training in Dermatology at the Dermatology Institute Foundation of the Philippines from 1990-1992. She further specialized in Cosmetic Surgery training under Dr. Corazon Collantes-Jose from 2004-2006. She also underwent a one-on-one training in Autologous Fat Stem Cell Therapy under Ali Modaressi, currently the Chief of Clinic of Plastic,,Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery, Department University Hospital Geneva, Switzerland.Her latest training was at the International Master Course on Aging Skin.
Dr. Herbia Joy Gonzales-Mongcal continues to update her dermatologic and cosmetic surgery training with the latest techniques in the field of aesthetic medicine by regularly attending conventions locally and abroad. She has been a practicing dermatologist since 1992 and in 2006, she renamed her clinics Skintrends, now operating 8 branches around and outside Metro Manila, of which she is currently the Medical Director.Dr. Mongcal has been treating at least ten acne patients a day since 1990 which translates into more than 50,000 cases in a span of more than 20 years.She has passed on her expertise to her therapists by personally training them. In 2013, Skintrends has rebranded as the Acne Authority,because it is what it does best.
Visit Skintrends branch near you:
Sta. Rosa Commercial Complex in Sta. Rosa
PCC Building across Paseo de Sta. Rosa Mall in Sta. Rosa
Wellcare Clinics and Lab in Waltermart in Sta. Rosa
Festival Supermall in Alabang
Ali Mall Phase 2 in Araneta Center, Quezon City
2nd Level of Cyber & Fashion Mall, Eastwood Quezon City
Pacific Century Tower in Quezon Avenue, Quezon City
SM Fairview in Quezon City (with a surgical center)
For more information about Skintrends, you may visit/follow: