POWER OF A TONER: Althea Pore Purifying Serum Cleanser
When it comes to cleansing my face, I’m used to settle with just facial clenser to remove my daily make up or even on my non-make up days. Thinking that it is already enough to remove all the products that I put on my face including dirt, sebum, and other impurities not visible to the naked eye.
I have an oily and acne-prone skin, so I need to cleanse it and double my efforts in order to totally remove such impurities that I mentioned earlier. This is the reason why I started using a toner. According to Dr. Hadley King, a New York City-based, board-certified dermatologist,
“Toners are most helpful and necessary for people with oily or acne-prone skin, or for people who want extra cleansing after wearing makeup or other heavy skin products such as sunscreen,”
What Toners can do?
- Help to balance skin’s pH. Having a balanced pH level means your skin is less prone to oiliness, breakouts and infection. Plus it creates a more vibrant and smoother appearance of the skin.
- Detoxifies skin. Facial toners remove impurities from environmental toxins such as smoke, smog and even chemical residues from your skin like makeup.
- Pore Shrinkage and Tightening. Facial toners help tighten facial pores, and allows fewer oils and toxins to settle into the skin.
- Reduces Acne.As toner removes oil build up, make up residues, dead skin cells, and other impurities, it also lessens the chance of acne breakout as it leaves your skin clean.
- Hydrates skin. Facial toners provide hydration to your skin, which helps maintain elasticity, smoothness, moisture and will give your skin a youthful appearance.
- Versatile cleanser. Aside from your face, facial toners can also be used for cleaning around your ears and including the oily deposits on your back, chest and arms, where acne usually breaks out.
Just recently, I have received a new product from Althea Korea, the Pore Purifying Serum Cleanser, another product to try under the Althea Exclusives product line. The said Toner/Cleanser claims to help extract dirt from inside the pores and to maintain a healthy pH balance of the skin. Nice! I badly need this since I have huge pores and for sure I need some extra skin cleansing.
Althea Pore Purifying Serum Cleanser contains the following active ingredients which are beneficial to our skin.
- Mint leaf extract – Cools down the skin and soothes irritations.
- Jojoba seed oil – Deeply moisturizes any dryness without feeling heavy.
- Tea tree leaf extract – Has antibacterial properties that purify the skin.
Other ingredients: Water, Peg-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Cyclomethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Dipropylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Mentha Arvensis Leaf Extract, Glycerin, Citric Acid, Hydroxyacetophenone, Disodium Edta, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Citrate, Butylene Glycol, Fragrance
As you can see, the Althea Pore Purifying Serum Cleanser’s packaging is simple and has that minimalist look just like its other products. I totally love it because eventhough there’s nothing much of the design on the bottle itself, it still has that elegant look. Of course, the Althea’s signature logo would always be visible.
By the way, for this particular Althea product, it does not come with a box. But don’t worry it is well sealed.
Althea Pore Purifying Serum Cleanser has a dual purpose, it can serve as your makeup remover or you can use it as cleanser.
After wearing makeup and being exposed to different pollution all day, my skin needs to rest and be cleansed. After using my favorite facial wash, I applied the Althea Pore Purifying Serum Cleanser all over my face using a cotton pad.
For the consistency, it’s thicker than water but thinner than oil. Just somewhere in between. For the scent, it’s really nice that it is not overwhelming. I don’t want scents that smells like chemicals as if it’s going to melt your face. Thankfully, the Pore Purifying Cleanser only has mild minty scent(or a hint of mint scent) that I totally love.
And who says water and oil cannot be mixed? with this cleanser, it’s POSSIBLE. With its Dual Moisture Cell Sytem- A combination of water and oil in overlapping layers that create a protective moisture barrier that can gently yet effectively cleanse the skin with just a few swipe.
With this, it would be economical because the product will go a long way before you consume all of it.
Whoa! I always thought that using a facial wash is already enough to clean my face, but I was wrong. Just look at the cotton pad that I used. Look at that dirt. My gosh! No wonder I am having some pimple breakouts from time to time. I did not realize that there could be that much dirt/makeup residues left even after washing my face.
After washing off the Althea Pore Purifying Serum Cleanser on my face, even if it has oil as one of the ingredients, it was easily washed off and no traces of it left on my face. You can see instant results and it was amazing. My skin is soft like a baby’s skin and I feel that is is well moisturized.
Not bad for my first toner experience.
How to use the Althea Pore Purifying Serum Cleanser?
To remove makeup:
Step 1: Pour an adequate amount of the product onto the palm of your hand.
Step 2: Massage the product all over your skin in circular motions to remove dirt and makeup.
Step 3: Rinse off the residue with . You may also use a second cleanser to completely remove any residue.
To cleanse the skin:
Step 1: Dampen the skin and apply an adequate amount of the product onto the palm of your hand.
Step 2: Gently massage the product all over your skin in circular motions for 5-10 seconds before rinsing it off with water.
Note: Before using any product on your face, please do not forget to do a skin test first. Just to make sure that your skin would not react harshly to the product.
Althea Pore Purifying Serum Cleanser (150ml) is available at Althea Korea for only P430. Check it out here: https://ph.althea.kr/pore-purifying-serum-cleanser
#AltheaSerumCleanser #AltheaAngels #AltheaKorea