5 Tips on How to SPIKE Up Your Brain Power
A human brain is very complex. It’s actually pretty amazing-how it works and how it can store lots of information which are vital to our existence. But first, let’s have some fun and feed our mind with some “brain” facts.😊
- An average brain is believed to generate up to 50,000 thoughts per day.
- If you were drinking alcohol and don’t remember what you did last night, it’s not because you forgot. While you are drunk, your brain is incapable of forming memories.
- Your brain generates about 12-25 watts of electricity. This is enough to power a low-wattage LED light.
- Your brain can process an image that your eyes have seen for as little as 13 milliseconds — less time than it takes for you to blink.
- In general, men’s brains are 10% bigger than women’s, even after taking into account larger body size. However, the hippocampus, the part of the brain most strongly linked with memory, is typically larger in women.
- Over 140 proteins in the brain are negatively impacted by exposure to electromagnetic frequencies, the kind emitted by your cell phone and other electronic devices.
- The brain produces a half cup of fluid every day. It floats in cerebrospinal fluid which acts as a shock absorber to keep the brain from being crushed by its own weight.
- Your brain uses 20 percent of the oxygen and blood in your body.
- The brain processes information as slow as 0.5m/sec to as fast as 120m/sec. The brain can survive without oxygen for 4-6 minutes after which it begins to die. Lack of oxygen for 5-10 minutes can lead to permanent brain damage.
- Your nerves can send messages faster than a Grand Prix car travels.
Our brain controls our body movements, organs within our body, hormones, speech, thoughts and even our memory. That’s how powerful this organ is. However, aside from it’s normal function, our brain also do additional works in response to external and physical factors such as stress, medical disorders, intellectual exertion(exams, demanding work schedule-just to mention a few) which can result to mental fatigue.
How will you know if you are experiencing mental fatigue?
- Inability to concentrate or focus.- you have episodes of mental block, memory lapse, having a hard time finding the right word, and even make decisions.
- Feeling overwhelmed- that there are a lot of things going on at once.
- Impatient and irritable.- you tend to become angry or upset easily.
- Depression or anxiety- feeling of hopelessness and frustration.
- Mental fatigue can also manifest physically: insomnia, headaches, loss of appetite, stomach discomfort, diarrhea and constipation.
Experiencing mental fatigue is inevitable. How i wish that we live in a stress-free world. But it is how it is. Good thing is that we can do something about it. Here are 5 Tips on How to SPIKE Up Your Brain Power.
- REST. REST. REST. Take time to rest. Stop what you are doing for a while and try to clear your mind. I know that our brain is working 24/7. It wouldn’t hurt if you will unload your brain some tasks.
- HAVE A GOOD LAUGH. Laughter is the best medicine. Laughter has a positive effect on your mood which increases dopamine and endorphin levels, resulting to decreased levels of the stress hormone cortisol.(Source: Livestrong)
- FEED YOUR BRAIN GOOD FOOD. Yes, you also need to feed your mind. Avocados, berries, nuts and seeds, coconut oil and even dark chocolate can promote a healthy brain function. There are a lot more choices you may read here.
- GIVE YOUR BRAIN SOME EXERCISE. It’s not just your body that requires exercise. Your brain needs it too. Choose some challenging, still enjoyable and satisfying brain exercises. Or do something new. Like learning new craft, finding a new hobby, or anything that you’ve always wanted to try.
- TAKE SUPPLEMENTS. If some of the above food for the brain is not available, you may take some supplements to enhance your brain power. In fact, one is readily available in the market from Vida Nutriscience. The SPIKE Dietary Supplement Capsule.
SPIKE Dietary Supplement Capsule contains Neuravena-EFLA 995, a natural wild green oat extract is scientifically proven to enhance overall mental fitness and supports cognitive performance whenever the brain undergoes stressful situations. It also contains Magnesium Lactate which regulate levels of minerals and other important nutrients in the body. It is also packed with Bioprene(improve nutrient absorption process) and B Vitamins(B3, B6, B9, B12) essential for proper brain functions.
HOW TO USE:
- Take one (1) capsule daily after meal. You may take two (2) capsules on days that requires alertness and cognitive function activities such as exams, presentations or any activities that needs concentration.
- Take it one(1) hour before any mental activities to experience full effect of 4-6 hours.
***For adults use only. NOT INTENDED for pregnant and lactating women.
Benefits when taking SPIKE with Neuravena :
- Improves speed performance, working memory, and execution functions.
- Increases memory functions and mental fitness.
- Enhances concentration, mental alertness and cognitive function even under pressure.
- Improves general learning performance.
As a blogger with lots of articles to write and deadlines to meet, experiencing mental blocks or losing focus is a big NO NO for me. That is why taking brain supplements like SPIKE will help me finish my task in time.
SPIKE Dietary Supplement with Neuravena is priced at P990/box(30 capsules) or P33/capsule and is available in all Mercury Drug stores nationwide.