SM Supports “Environment-Friendly” LED Technology
LED or Light Emitting Diodes Light is now becoming the preferred lighting solution not just for the residential users but also on the professional side. Personally, we are using LED lights at home and we are very much satisfied with it. Aside from it gives brighter lighting it also has great benefits.
Benefits of LED Lights:
1. Efficient.- LED is very energy efficient and can consume up to 90% less power than traditional incandescent bulbs.
2. Longer Life Span– LED lights can light up to 60,000 hours compared to 1,500 hours for incandescent bulbs.
3. Durable.- LEDs don’t use fragile components which can break up easily such as glass and filaments. Another thing, LEDs can withstand shock, vibration and extreme temperature.
4. Environment-friendly.- LEDs are recyclable and made from non toxic materials, unlike fluorescent lighting that uses mercury which can cause danger to the environment and the user.
5. Cost effective.- Since LED lights has longer-lifespan, you can save up money and energy in maintenance and replacement costs.
6. Safe. LED lights only generates mild heat and is cool to touch and will not cause burn when touched even left on for hours.
LED technology is continually advancing and producing brighter LED bulbs that is very useful for lighting tasks such as reading lights, accent lights, desk lamps, night lights, security lights, spot lights, and lighting for signage. LED technology is now widely used in different industries like traffic and transportation, residential, entertainment, architechtural, military, electronic and many more.
With these LED lighting advancement, SM has chosen to follow the trend, beginning with its parking spot indicators. Those devices are built with LEDs that provide savings to the mall in terms of power usage.
I have seen this lighting system of SM Mall’s parking lot and I must say that it is really helpful. You can easily see if there’s still a slot available to park on.(green for not occupied- red for occupied).
Consequently, this lighting system also creates fuel savings to customers by helping them ease their way into parking spaces, without the need to drive around and around to look for vacant parking slot..
Great job SM for making it easy for us customers with vehicles to park in your parking lot by installing these LED parking spot indicators. 🙂