LIVER HEALTH: Things You Need To Know About Your Liver
Located in the upper right hand portion of the abdominal cavity, our liver aka the “silent hero” plays several important roles in our body. Whatever we eat or drink, our liver does its full function of processing and detoxifying substances. It wouldn’t be the largest internal organ for nothing because it has more than 500 functions. Wow.
Having said that, we should watch out for our intake(I know it’s hard to do it when there’s pork sisig, kare-kare, chicharon in front of you hahaha!) and not let our liver to overwork. Just like everything it has its bounderies.
Know your liver more. Here are some things you probably don’t know about your liver.
- Your liver is a storage facility. It stores important vitamins, energy and minerals and releases them in the blood.
- Your liver is a soldier. It helps in resisting infections by producing immune factors and removing bacteria from the blood.
- Think of your liver is your nutrient processing plant. Every time you feed, your liver feeds you. It processes multiple nutrients once your food is digested. So what you eat and drink can tell how healthy your liver is. Among liver-friendly food and drinks are grapes, berries, garlic, coffee and green tea.
- Your liver is a detoxifier. It detoxifies by metabolizing and expelling drugs, alcohol and environmental toxins from your system.
- The liver also produces proteins that are crucial in blood clotting.
- Alcohol abuse is a common cause of liver disease but obesity, parasites, viruses and bacteria can also affect your liver health.
- Symptoms of liver disease can include fatigue, jaundice, abdominal pain and weight loss. If you have any of these symptoms persistently, consult a doctor. There are blood tests used to help diagnose and monitor liver disease or damage. These tests measure the levels of liver enzymes and proteins in your blood(SGPT/SGOT).
- Be kind to your liver. Eat and drink mindfully. Remember that the liver gives your body the energy for its day-to-day needs.
Liver health. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle and proper diet together wth intake of essential phospolipids may help improve liver function. Manufactured in Germany, Phospolipids (Essentiale® Forte P) contains purified essential phospholipids or EPL®, which is extracted from natural food that can be easily absorbed by liver cells. Essentiale, an over-the-counter medicine, is clinically proven to strengthen liver health by promoting the repairing function and regeneration of liver cells.,
The liver is one of the most important organs of the body and is responsible for the chemical actions that the body needs to survive. Take care of it always.
#Essentiale #Liver #LiverHealth #SilentHero